Posted on January 13, 2016
I’ve been in a drought, all I’ve been doing is working lately. I needed to have some fun and girl dates have always been one of my go to’s. Better yet, hanging out with Oli was much needed, so this was happening.
Olivia was getting out of work around 6, so I had plenty of time to stop home pick up her Christmas present, and make my way over to St. Mark’s where we were meeting. I actually thought I was going to get there late because the train didn’t seem to be on my side, but luckily enough for me, we got there at the exact same time. Sweeeeeet.
We had some time to kill before our show started, so we walked into Taqueria, we had the most personable and cheery waitress, who talked to us about almost everything, especially tattoos.
She ordered some burritas which were apparently the female version of burritos because they were just tiny, and looked delicious. The house guacamole was delicious, and I ended up scooping most of it and stuffing it in my carne tacos.
Since I’ll be gone for her birthday, I wanted to spend some time with Oli, catching up, get margaritas, you know LIFE.
Show starts at 7pm, and I have never been to a comedy show before. Tonight was Oli’s pick and I was actually relieved that I didn’t have to plan anything this time since it’s so hectic at work.
St. Mark’s Underground theater had an array of personalities performing. The host Mark Lemme set up for the comedians. I’ll be honest, at first at was a little skeptical, and didn’t really think I was going to be laughing much. But some of these jokes were on point, and if I’m being brutally honest, which I would be, I had two favorite performers of the night. Marie Faustin and Derek Gaines. They were the only black performers but I personally felt like they were the most relatable. When the show was over, I gave props to the artists and Derek Gaines mentioned he was glad there was some ethnic laughter in the audience…yes..yes we were.
The white comedians (not that it had anything to do with race) we’re just a little weird for my taste. Daniel Tirado was good, but the others were more on that loser pervy uncle you don’t invite to house get togethers anymore kinda vibe thing going. You know, the one who invites himself to everything in your fridge and gets walk in on your private conversations, but instead of j=walking away he just stops, stares and eats while listens..and nods slowly, while he sexually takes a bite of a drumstick….no? ok.
So…. great night, good laughs, and amazing company. Oli babygirl, I hope you get to enjoy your birthday, so sad that I won’t be here. Have plenty of drinks for the both us..kisses!
Posted on July 24, 2014
It’s 4 in the morning, another late night, I swear I have sleeping problems. Why not put my laptop to good use and bother you guys, I bumped into this questionnaire and figured why not. Last time I did one of these I was probably like 17. I guess you guys are gonna get to know me just a little bit more. Let’s get started!
1.Who was the last person you held hands with? My adorable godson ZJ.
2. Are you outgoing or shy? It depends who I’m around. If I’m meeting people for the first time I’m pretty shy until I comfortable. All my real friends know how loud and ridiculous I can be. 3. Who are you looking forward to seeing? How sad is it that my answer to that is The third Season of Orange is The New Black, hurry up already!
4. Are you easy to get along with? Yes, I’m always nice to everyone, unless you messed up.
5. If you were drunk would the person you like take care of you? I can take care of my drunken mess, thank you very much!
6. What kind of people are you attracted to? Physically, I’ve always loved the rocker guys with tats, beards, and a little cute smirk. But honestly, as long as you treat me right, that’s all that matters.
7. Do you think you’ll be in a relationship two months from now? No. Pretty simple eh.
8. Who from the opposite gender is on your mind? Right now, my little brother.. I should spend more time with him, It’s been a while since we have done something cool together.
9. Does talking about sex make you uncomfortable? Not at all. We are all sexual creatures.
10. Who was the last person you had a deep conversation with? Katt, I swear I annoy her with all my crazy thoughts.
11. What does the most recent text that you sent say? “Goodnight.” Even though it’s pretty obvious that I’m still awake.
12. What are your 5 favorite songs right now? THESE. I’ve had them on repeat for weeks now.
13. Do you like it when people play with your hair? Love it!, But if my hair is curly, don’t touch it. My curls have a mind of their own, they’ll cut you!
14. Do you believe in luck and miracles? I believe they help in every aspect, especially with faith and hope.
15. What good thing happened this summer? I’m falling in love with myself.
16. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again?
17. Do you think there is life on other planets? I don’t doubt it for a second.
18. Do you still talk to your first crush? Last time I spoke to him was about 4 years ago, randomly. He’s still a cutie, I wish him well.
19. Do you like bubble baths? Especially when there is wine involved, yes!
20. Do you like your neighbors? I don’t know them, womp womp. I need to make mew neighborhood friends!
21. What are you bad habits? My patience is horrible, I’m always late, any tongue can be faster than my brain sometimes, that usually gets me in trouble.
22. Where would you like to travel? Haaaaaaaa, I have a huge list. See my BUCKETLIST.
23. Do you have trust issues? Surprisingly with all the heartbreaks I have gone through, no. I’m pretty trustful. Now letting you in, in the first place is a whole different story.
24. Favorite part of your daily routine? Dancing in front of my mirror while I get dressed, I sneak in some workouts in there too, gets me pumped up!
25. What part of your body are you most uncomfortable with? As any woman would, body hair. it’s such a hassle. I also have horrible posture.
26. What do you do when you wake up? Wish I was still sleeping.
27. Do you wish your skin was lighter or darker? I’m pretty content with what I look like. PS. Light skin and dark ladies are both gorgeous and beautiful skin tones.
28. Who are you most comfortable around? Myself, I’m pretty amazing you know 🙂
29. Have any of your ex’s told you they regret breaking up? Yes, by we’ll let by gones be by gones.. because they are long gone.
30. Do you ever want to get married? I used to, I don’t think that’s something I want to do anymore.
31. Is your hair long enough for a pony tail? A very short one, yes.
32. Which celebrities would you have a threesome with? A cheesecake and a slice of pizza. they’re pretty famous right?
33. Spell your name with your chin. n.nmibxinbx (horrible)
34. Do you play sports? What sports? Not really, thought I love to throw a football around with my brothers.
35. Would you rather live without TV or music? TV. Music is everything.
36. Have you ever liked someone and never told them? Yes, but I think they knew it, he just played dumb for many years.
37. What do you say during awkward silences?
38. Describe your dream girl/guy? Alive and has common sense.
39. What are your favorite stores to shop in? Anywhere where they accept an I.O.U.
40. What do you want to do after high school? Been there, done that… many moons ago.
41. Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance? I believe if they truly want it, it shall be given. Second chances are like a good credit score, it shouldn’t be given to just everyone.
42. If your being extremely quiet what does it mean? Either I’m plotting against you, or I’m soaking in how amazing you are. It’s one or the other.
43. Do you smile at strangers? All the time, even if I feel weird after, Smiling is contagious, just might make someones day.
44. Trip to outer space or bottom of the ocean? Bottom of the Ocean. There’s so much life, so much to see, so endless..let’s go! Wait, I don’t know how to swim.
45. What makes you get out of bed in the morning? Responsibilities, being an adult is heart aching.
46. What are you paranoid about? I hate feeling anything near my ears…get away!
47. Have you ever been high? Si.
48. Have you ever been drunk? Can we do that now?
49. Have you done anything recently that you hope nobody finds out about? I don’t have to live my life answering to anybody, that’s a horrible way to live.
50. What was the colour of the last hoodie you wore? Navy Blue, a huge nike comfy sweater to sink into.
51. Ever wished you were someone else? When I was younger, now I just wish I can be a better version of myself.
52. One thing you wish you could change about yourself?
53. Favourite makeup brand? I keep it simple, drug store brands are A-ok with me. No makeup guru here.
54. Favourite store? Art supply stores, I’m like a little kid in a candy shop.
55. Favourite blog? So many. I love Kelli Murray, A Beautiful Mess, Design Love Fest, Keiko Lynn, just to name a few.
56. Favourite colour? Purple, Seafoam green. Clothing wise, grey all the way.
57. Favourite food? I love tacos.
58. Last thing you ate? Grilled chicken with a salad. I’m still hungry though, so we’ll see.
59. First thing you ate this morning? Maple brown sugar oatmeal and eggs. I should make some now.
60. Ever won a competition? For what? Art competitions in middle school. I also performed dancing and stepping, I was pretty good.
61. Been suspended/expelled? For what? Beating up my brother in school. I was in grade school.
62. Been arrested? For what? Clean slate.
63. Ever been in love? Yes.
64. Tell us the story of your first kiss? 7th or 8th grade, I was waiting for my bus and was nervous. he told me he tried tongue kissing before, but he didn’t like it. He would rather tap kiss. So I ended up picking on him all the time for it. 🙂
65. Are you hungry right now? Always.
66. Do you like your tumblr friends more than your real friends? Nah. My real friends are like family to me.
67. Facebook or Twitter? It used to be Twitter, but I guess I would say Facebook now, even though I only add links from my blog on there.
68. Twitter or Tumblr? Tumblr. Way funnier.
69. Are you watching tv right now? No, but I was watching Scooby Doo like an hour ago.
70. Names of your bestfriends? No titles, just great people.
71. Craving something? What? Fooooooood
72. What colour are your towels? Sky Blue, very pastel
72. How many pillows do you sleep with? Approximately 5.
73. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? I used to for a very long time, now I just hug one of my many pillow boyfriends.
74. How many stuffed animals do you think you have? Now, just one. I used to have like 30 of them in my room as a kid. Never paid for one either.
75. Favourite animal? Anything with black and white Polka dots
76. What colour is your underwear? Lavender
77. Chocolate or Vanilla? If it’s milk- Hot chocolate. If it’s cake- chocolate. If it’s ice cream- vanilla, if it’s pudding- vanilla. If it’s men- both!
78. Favourite ice cream flavour? Look above boo.
79. What colour shirt are you wearing? Grey, told you.
80. What colour pants? red boxer shorts
81. Favourite tv show? None right now, I’ve been into watching Vlogs on Youtube.
82. Favourite movie? Anything Female empowering. EXterminators. Long Kiss Goodnight. etc.
83. Mean Girls or Mean Girls 2? What kind of insult is this? 1 of course.
84. Mean Girls or 21 Jump Street? Mean Girls, I’m a chick flick whore.
85. Favourite character from Mean Girls?
86. Favourite character from Finding Nemo? Crush, totally.
87. First person you talked to today? My hood brother Zero
88. Last person you talked to today? My cutsie and energetic godson Zj, we were cuddling on the couch.
89. Name a person you hate? Only one?
90. Name a person you love? Whoever is in my life now, I love
91. Is there anyone you want to punch in the face right now? Again, Only one?
92. In a fight with someone? Have I ever been you mean, yes, plenty of times. Am I in one now, no. I don’t keep negativity in my life.
93. How many sweatpants do you have? Not enough
94. How many sweaters/hoodies do you have? I’m a cardigan kind of girl.
95. Last movie you watched? My Girl, My Girl 2
96. Favourite actress? I’m not sure, but I think Salma Hayek is drop dead gorgeous.
97. Favourite actor? Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Joseph Gordon Levitt make my heart melt.
98. Do you tan a lot? I am a vampire.
99. Have any pets? A fat ass cat by the name of Vandal.
100. How are you feeling? Wide Awake.
101. Do you type fast? Yes. Blogger and former receptionist.
102. Do you regret anything from your past? Many things, but we can’t dwell in things we can’t change, Just keep moving forward.
103. Can you spell well? Yes, though lately as not well as I used to.
104. Do you miss anyone from your past? No. Whoever is here now is because they are meant to be here. Everyone else can stay away.
105. Ever been to a bonfire party? No, but I should definitely do that this summer!
106. Ever broken someone’s heart? Yes, but they’re still alive, so we all keep on moving. Life happens.
107. Have you ever been on a horse? When I was a little girl, about 6 or so. Time to refresh some memories.
108. What should you be doing? Taking my ass to sleep
109. Is something irritating you right now? My ovaries feel like they are about to explode.
110. Have you ever liked someone so much it hurt? Sadly, yes. Worse thing is, they never knew about it.
111. Do you have trust issues? Please refer to question No.23
112. Who was the last person you cried in front of? Katt, she’s been my rock through my latest struggles when others faded.
113. What was your childhood nickname? In grade school, it was steeltoe… I used to kick the boys.
114. Have you ever been out of your province/state? Yes.
115. Do you play the Wii? Don’t own one, but I swear I should invest in one, just so I can play JUST DANCE.
116. Are you listening to music right now? No. Everyone is sleeping..shhhhh…
117. Do you like chicken noodle soup? When I’m sick… or poor.
118. Do you like Chinese food? Yes, Even though I shouldn’t.
119. Favourite book? Anything by Emily Giffin, I’m a romantic when it comes to books.
120. Are you afraid of the dark? No. I’m afraid of the creatures that live in the dark.
121. Are you mean? When I need to be, you’re damn skippy!
122. Is cheating ever okay? Personally, no. To each their own, we all chose to forgive what we want.
123. Can you keep white shoes clean? Ha! You amuse me.
124. Do you believe in love at first sight? No, but I believe in love at first ugh..(J.Cole voice)
125. Do you believe in true love? I believe you can love someone truly. Not in true love.
126. Are you currently bored? I’m up to question No.126, what do you think?
127. What makes you happy? Seeing other people treat others well for no beneficiary reasons.
128. Would you change your name? I’ve grown to love my real name. It’s unique. Though I can never find anything in stores with my name on it.
129. What your zodiac sign? Aries.
130. Do you like subway? The sandwiches, are alright.. the cookies are amazing.
131. Your bestfriend of the opposite sex likes you, what do you do? Walk away. I’m not even going there. Forbidden fruit, it;s not worth ruining a friendship.
132. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with? Hm…. some of these keep repeating themselves.
133. Favourite lyrics right now?
I don’t know, it’s just something about ya
Got me feeling like I can’t be without ya
Anytime someone mention your name
I be feeling as if I’m around ya
Ain’t no words to describe you baby
All I know is that you take me high
Can you tell that you drive me crazy?
Cause I can’t get you out my mind
Think of you when I’m going to bed
When I wake up think of you again
You are my homie, lover and friend
You light me up inside
Like the 4th of July
Whenever you’re around
I always seem to smile
134. Can you count to one million? I can, will I…. no.
135. Dumbest lie you ever told? Probably one to my mother many moons ago. I was a bratty teenager.
136. Do you sleep with your doors open or closed? Closed.
137. How tall are you? five three
138. Curly or Straight hair? Right now I’m embracing my curly kinks, though straight hair is so much easier to handle.
139. Brunette or Blonde? Brunnette, there’s something about a dark beauty, mysterious.
140. Summer or Winter? None. Autumn. It’s perfect. Beautiful colors, it’s not too hot or cold, and you get to look extra cute with layers.
141. Night or Day? I live in the night baby. But the beautiful clouds are addicting in the day time.
142. Favourite month? October. Perfect weather, Halloween, spooky nights.. and you’re one step closer to good food on the next month.
143. Are you a vegetarian? I could never give up meat.
144. Dark, milk or white chocolate? If I’m having wine, dark chocolate…. if I’m being a fat ass white chocolate.
145. Tea or Coffee? Hot chocolate lover over here.
146. Was today a good day? Either than my exploding female reproductive system trying to murder me, yes it was.
147. Mars or Snickers? None. Yuck!
148.Do you believe in ghosts? I believe in spirits and energies.
149.Get the closest book next to you, open it to page 42, what’s the first line on that page? I was afraid as a child. I was afraid of everything. – The Tao of Wu.
150.What’s your favorite quote?Well… that was it… what do you guys think? Did I miss anything? Do you guys have any questions for me?
Keep me posted!
Posted on April 21, 2014
Every now and then I bump into the best things online, and this time I was not disappointed. David Catalano has me cracking up with these mini episodes of “The Smalls Family” which is based on the lyrics of The Notorious B.I.G.
Not only is it creative to see Biggie’s lyrics used in real world situations, but I see his documentaries going far. I only wish his videos were being marketed more. I can’t wait to see what he comes up with. But let me stop rambling, and let me know if you guys like these as much as I did. Go subscribe to his YouTube channel and support something artistic.
I in no way own this brand, David’s videos or Biggie’s music.
Posted on October 23, 2013
I was debating if I should put these pictures up or not.
Let’s face it, I’m not the skinniest girl of the bunch. I have my rolls and those are not the curves I’m looking for.
Not to mention, these pictures are a little more on the personal side.
But what the hell.
I consider this blog not only as promotion for my work, with all the art and all the events and such, but this site has become intimate, sort of like my journal.
And I definitely am not ashamed of that.
I think we look pretty damn cute and I wouldn’t want to be in a tub with no one else either than my Q.
Q and I jumped in the tub, bubble bath at that, for some alone time and got these cute pics in the process.
Posted on September 17, 2013
After work, I trooped it to the Bronx and headed to Tuff City.
I couldn’t pass up on getting my share of the special, $13 tattoos in honor of this superstitious day.
I was all in, and there was nobody better than to go to Ozbe himself.
Of course there was a flash sheet to choose from and I of course had to customize mine.
I picked one thing from two tats and asked to blend them together.
Lucky for me, they had no problems with it.
I ended up with this tiny little bad boy and I loved it.
That green popped, love neon!
I got a second tiny tat near my inner arm, which I’ll show you guys a pic of later on.On the walk back, my Mr.Minx and I walked in to Party City and drooled over all the special fx makeup and props.
We didn’t see any costumes we went crazy for, which is really making us think about what we want to be for Halloween.
It’s gotta be something goooood.
I love Halloween and I can’t wait for it to get here already.
We ended up buying some colorful mustaches and had a fun walk home.
Everyone kept staring at us and laughing.
We even had a couple of kids come up to us, one little girl asked they were real, I responded by saying, yes, I grew it over night!Ivan looked great in a blue ‘stache that I ended up giving him.
And after getting some pizza Q and I were ready to go home and start our drinking game 🙂
Check out Q’s baby, Georgie, he’s such a monster!Our drinking game had us cracking up and yelling at the T.V. screen.
We placed mustaches on the screen and whenever the ‘stache landed right under someone’s nose,
Take a sip boo!
Posted on May 17, 2013
Q and I went to do laundry, like we have gotten used to doing together. He pretty much helps me with mine, I have yet to help him with his.
Since I’m always busy at work, painting or have some gig of one thing or another, we tend to make our time together whenever we can, doing whatever it is we are doing.
This particular day was one to remember. He’s helping me fold my “delicates” and comes across a black lingerie skin tight top looking thing and his reaction, priceless.
He breaks his neck to the side, with an eyebrow arched, and blankly stares at me with that smirk of his
“What the hell is this?”
I look at him, with a hidden smile and say “noooothing” and go to grab it out of his hands.
He pulls back and says “No, I’m keeping it!” and puts it inside his shirt!
I’m cracking up telling him to give me back my underwear and when he wasn’t looking, I snatched it away from him!
He looks at me in shock and starts laughing.
“Yo, I don’t care what you say, I’m keeping this”
“No your’e not!”
and chases me around the laundromat.
I’m cracking up and after about 2 minutes, he snatches it out of my hands and puts it his pants.
At this point everyone is already staring at us, we were super hella loud!
Our dryers have just finished and we go and grab the carts to unload all the clothes and we settled down at this point, when in comes in some chick wearing a fur vest, skin tight jeans and tall 6 inch heels with her boyfriend.
Where are you going homie? We’re in a laundromat in the hood.
Q and I just look at each other , same time and both gave each other a raise of an eyebrow and continued to fold our clothes. (yes, our clothes. Q has his own drawer in my apartment that seems to be over flowing)
We mind our own business, and continue to do what we came here to do until we notice the other couple bickering back and forth.
All we hear is, “Well, do we need to separate the clothes? What about this, is this colored? Can we use this soap? I dont know, I’ve never done this before”
Q and I look at each other again and it’s like we shared one brain.
(Discovery Channel narrator voice) White rich kids who have been cut out from mommy and daddy’s trust fund go out into the wild for the first time. We watched as the pair looked around in confusion. How much soap would they use? Would they remove that red sock from their whites? We watched in amusement when they discovered where the quarters go, they asked us…
“Does the change dispenser take credit card?”
lol! Let me stop being mean… we ended up giving them some laundry advice, Q looks at me and tells me he loves us.
I love us too Q. ♥
Posted on May 14, 2013