Posted on June 14, 2015
How sad is it, that you have some different great locations in your hometown and you never get to experience them? So many people travel to NYC to see all the sights, buildings, monuments etc. and knowing that we have all of this beauty in our backyard and just letting it go to waste.
Oli and I met up, for our first time visit to The Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
Everything was absolutely stunning. We walked in on a sunny day , bright and gorgeous. The colors were so vivid. We kept stopping at almost every flower. When we arrived at the wishing well, I already had an idea of what I wanted.
Hanging out with Oli is always the best. We catch up on all of our boy troubles and cutesy moments. We discuss work and what’s our next moves in life.
We stopped by the gift shop where I fell with the cutest succulent (love those!) I regret not buying it. After all the walking and getting caught in the rain, it was time for what I do best…wine.
We ordered some rosé and split some sweet potatoes fries…yum!
Posted on June 1, 2015
This month of June is all about easy living, keeping it simple and being effortlessly amazing. Sometimes you just want to throw something on and just head out the door, that’s why I’ve been craving over one piece clothing. I saw these cute olive green overalls online and was wishing I had them in my closet. I could throw those on with a t and some chucks and boom, I’m done. I could even pair them with heels if I want to spice it up a bit.
That yellow gown has me in awe… but really, where would I ever wear that thing?
My main focus right now is growing my beautiful curls. I want them to be longer, so I don’t always look like I just came out of the disco era with my fro. Once they start going a little past my shoulders I think I’ll be good money, I’ve been using a lot of coconut and castor oil, and I think it’s making a huge difference. My hair looks so much healthier, and I’ve also noticed that my roots have been growing at a faster speed. Yes, the maintenance to keep the blond going strong is annoying, but at least I’m seeing results. I actually decided to take step 1 into being a grown up and bought vitamins this week. Omega 3’s and coconut oil pills. Let’s hope they work for the better!
I’m constantly thinking about how I should switch up my room, something I also do because I tend to get bored so quickly. I’ve only been at my apartment for 2 years and half and I promise you, I have ran out of options. My bed has made it to every single wall in my bedroom. I’ve been trying to keep things neat, but let’s face it, I’m a pig. Aren’t artists usually messy anyway? These little cute storage boxes seem like something I’m definitely going to invest in. Maybe they’ll at least keep all of my bobby pins in order.
Posted on June 19, 2014
Okay, so after doing my homework on this thing, it’s not really like an award at all. It’s more like a bloggers chain letter. You remember those from middle school, if you don’t send these to x amount of people, you will die alone…haha, okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit. When I was nominated by Kat, I was curious to see what all the fuss about. So basically here it’s how it goes:
1.link back to the blogger who awarded you.
2. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
3. State 7 facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 7 blogs to receive the award.
Isn’t that the cutest thing ever!
I think that’s a great way for the blogging community to get to know each other a little better, and what better way than by sharing our favorite blogs in the process? You’ll be surprised at all the new blogs I recently started following, that I never new about, new friends are the best!
So, here goes nothing…
1. I’m addicted to hair dye. I swear I think I need to go to rehab for it. I’m constantly looking at new hair colors. I’ve pretty much had about every color yet.. grey, purple (obviously), blue, blonde, brunette, different shades of reds. go through my “Pictures of Me” section under my Bio to see if you catch a few! Right now, I’m trying my best to stay faithful to this purple (that I swear looks like red when I photograph, ugh) But it gets harder evreryday, especially since it’s not the pigment I want. Aaaaaaand, because I hate when my roots start to shine through, because I think it looks weird. But my hair needs a break from bleach, and needs to start getting addicted to deep conditioners so it can get married to health and growth already!
2. I’m pretty great at directing people while I’m behind the camera, but I take the most awkward poses ever! Ugh, I just don’t get it. There’s always something I don’t like about a picture of myself, it never fails, but let me direct someone else, and they always look fabulous! It must be a blessing and a curse… and that’s if I ever get pictures of myself… since I’m usually behind the camera, I have to beg someone to get one of me, so I’m able to have some of myself so you guys can see me…but then I never like those either! ….womp womp…..
3. I’m always nice to others, unless they give me a reason not to be. I pride myself in always giving people the benefit of the doubt. The world is not always out to get you. Now, don’t get me wrong, once my toes have been stepped on…. I know better to be cautious with you… Bad energy in life tends to linger. Where’s the fun in life if you never laugh?
4. My art used to be sanity, now it’s more of a habit. I always had problems with family, and whenever I needed some time to myself, I would lock myself in my room, put some music on and pick up a pencil. I have journals from when I was in 5th grade. I would draw, I would write… I loooooove writing. I feel my best poems come from pain. Now, since I’ve pretty much have one constant thing that I draw, it’s become more what I know, my home than I ever thought possible, I could do it in my sleep. It’s good and bad all at the same. I still feel I need to be challenged to get better because I have so much to learn, I just don’t want to go through the hardships to get there.
5. I’m pretty shy. I used to be so outgoing and loud when I was younger. Now, unless I’m with friends I have known forever, I keep to myself. Yes, I always meet new people, I’m always cordial, and make a few jokes here and there… but I feel like I have to try really hard to jut vibe off with someone naturally. I’m hidden in this little shell, because most of the time, people don’t linger for long, I’m insecure about something or just don’t even know what to say. But I will tell you this, the ones who have stayed and really know me, truly know how loud and obnoxious I can really be, especially when I have wine to boost up my confidence!
6. I find it hard to ask other’s for anything. I feel so weird, accepting certain things. I’ve always had to work for my own, I’ve been working since I was 15 years old. So whenever I needed something, anything, I always had my own back. I’ve never been the spoiled daughter, or girlfriend. I always put my 50% or my all. There’s so many things I still want to do and own, and one day I will, maybe one day I won’t. But I know I can say I got there all on my own. I of course have a great support system when it comes to understanding, patience, consideration and networking. But that’s another whole story.
7. I’ve always been boy crazy. Or at least I thought I was. Ever since I was a teenager and really started discovering boys, and how cute they were, I was always looking for happiness in someone else. Now later on in life, I still get butterflies in my stomach whenever I’m really into somebody. Sadly enough, my longest relationship was only three years. I also learned that I’m addicted to chick flick movies…. which made me realize, that it’s not always the boy that makes me crazy. It’s the romance…. I am truly in love with love. The idea of it, the gushy feeling, the constant smiling, and always thinking about the person, it’s so overpoweringly beautiful..even if I talk my friend’s ear off about that person all the time. and she gets sick of me. hahaha. I’m in love with love.
1. Elsie & Emma from A Beautiful Mess | sisters with DIY crafts, style, humor and the best cutest stories imaginable.
2. Kelli Murray from KelliMurray.com | a great illustrator, mom and fashionista, I adore her pastel lifestyle.
3. Jacqui from BabyBoyBakery.com | daily adventures from a mother with a broken heart and a beautiful soul.
4. Desiree from TheBoobsMilk.tumblr.com | a snarky, feisty momma with extra long nails and a love for all things ratchet.
5. Uptown Girls Nyc from Uptowngirlsnyc.com | femininity to its fullest potential, how to be a strong woman in NYC
6. Jasmine from Vintagevandalizm.com | a pinup fashionista with an eye for graffiti, modeling, art and clothing
7. Cassidy from Omydarlingsblog.com | interior designer mother with a eye for whites and gold… everything is sooo pretty!
Wheeeew! That was exhausting! Surprisingly, I found it harder to find amazing bloggers to out up here, than my facts. I thought it would be the other way around, since I follow so many great bloggers on this online community. But it struck me that even though I wanted to give the chance to those who are starting out, and up and coming., i decided to put those who put their all into their own blogs, into their work…. and sadly the ones that I am close to, just don’t. They never update, try to get better, and just have no idea how to visually attract their viewers.
So why settle for half ass, when you can get the best… I decided to post up my favorites, even though they already have their fan base up there.
Facts about me got a little tougher around 4 or 5… I don’t think I’m that interesting most of the time! hahaha
I hope you guys enjoyed this. I know I did.
The Liebster Award – General Info and Rules
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
Posted on May 7, 2013
In an effort to provide abused children with a safe way to reach out for help, a Spanish organization called the Aid to Children and Adolescents at Risk Foundation, or ANAR for short, created an ad that displays a different message for adults and children at the same time.
The secret behind the ad’s wizardry is a lenticular top layer, which shows different images at varying angles. So when an adult—or anyone taller than four feet, five inches—looks at it they only see the image of a sad child and the message: “sometimes, child abuse is only visible to the child suffering it.” But when a child looks at the ad, they see bruises on the boy’s face and a different message: “if somebody hurts you, phone us and we’ll help you” alongside the foundation’s phone number.
The ad is designed to empower kids, particularly if their abuser happens to be standing right next to them. And while this is a great and worthwhile use of lenticular images, how long will it be before toy companies start doing to the same thing to hawk their products directly at kids?
Posted on March 19, 2013
Posted on December 15, 2012
This is a very old canvas that honestly, I forgot to post. I was going through pictures on my phone and it was time to start deleting pics.
Especially since I had about 3, 000 of them.
I also know it’s been a little while since I have updated you guys about anything, which was due to my lack of keyboard ( which I now have , finally! )
But after every small struggle comes accomplishment and another struggle…
Now my computer has been updated to the new Windows 8 and I have to say I hate it so much. I think it’s trying too hard to stay in the loop with all this technology and it’s just inconvenient. extra buttons and ways you can’t escape certain screen it’s just confusing and plain ol’ annoying.
Call me old fashioned, but I think I got way more done, with my classic Windows. I can even work a mac better than this windows 8, I’m not impressed and truthfully I just want the software gone.
Anyway, here’s the end result of this Makeup Canvas.. it was originally meant to be a custom piece for a client, but after 6 months of waiting for a small fee I ended up giving her away to someone else.
No hard feelings, but my work should always go to someone who appreciates the time, love and details I put into a piece.
Posted on September 6, 2012