Posted on April 27, 2017
The other day I had the pleasure of photographing fashion blogger Malikah Kelly from malikahkelly.com
We were both in a bit of a rush, but if I didn’t tell you that, I don’t think you would have ever known. I’m digging how these pictures came out, and she was ecstatic about them as well, which made my job much better.
Posted on February 16, 2017
Guess who’s been busting her ass on this website lately? That’s right, your girl. In case you haven’t noticed, there’s a new homepage, a new header, and my portfolio is getting an upgrade as well. Mhmm, I told you, I’ve been on my shit. Oh, and yes, that’s all my handwriting that you see all over the place, my chicken scratch. It was time to add some personality to the place.
Making all these changes is time consuming, and if you’re going to do something, you might as well do it right. Even though I’ve been focusing on the small details of the site to make navigation easier, that doesn’t mean my artwork gets tossed to the side.
This piece is inspired by @micahgianneli and I couldn’t be any prouder of it. I really took my time with this one. Every lunch break, I had my ipad in my hands (and a sandwich in the other). Fashion bloggers are always fun to draw. They’re so put together and the color coordination just wakes up all the brain storming cells in my brain. Her faux fur coat was tricky, but I liked adding all the layers and dimensions to it.
But can we talk about her face?
I am soooo jealous. Why is it that I could never do my makeup this perfect? I look like a hot ass mess when putting on foundation, so why is it that my drawings are better contoured than I am!? (starts binge watching tutorials on Youtube)
Posted on June 19, 2014
Okay, so after doing my homework on this thing, it’s not really like an award at all. It’s more like a bloggers chain letter. You remember those from middle school, if you don’t send these to x amount of people, you will die alone…haha, okay, maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit. When I was nominated by Kat, I was curious to see what all the fuss about. So basically here it’s how it goes:
1.link back to the blogger who awarded you.
2. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
3. State 7 facts about yourself.
4.Nominate 7 blogs to receive the award.
Isn’t that the cutest thing ever!
I think that’s a great way for the blogging community to get to know each other a little better, and what better way than by sharing our favorite blogs in the process? You’ll be surprised at all the new blogs I recently started following, that I never new about, new friends are the best!
So, here goes nothing…
1. I’m addicted to hair dye. I swear I think I need to go to rehab for it. I’m constantly looking at new hair colors. I’ve pretty much had about every color yet.. grey, purple (obviously), blue, blonde, brunette, different shades of reds. go through my “Pictures of Me” section under my Bio to see if you catch a few! Right now, I’m trying my best to stay faithful to this purple (that I swear looks like red when I photograph, ugh) But it gets harder evreryday, especially since it’s not the pigment I want. Aaaaaaand, because I hate when my roots start to shine through, because I think it looks weird. But my hair needs a break from bleach, and needs to start getting addicted to deep conditioners so it can get married to health and growth already!
2. I’m pretty great at directing people while I’m behind the camera, but I take the most awkward poses ever! Ugh, I just don’t get it. There’s always something I don’t like about a picture of myself, it never fails, but let me direct someone else, and they always look fabulous! It must be a blessing and a curse… and that’s if I ever get pictures of myself… since I’m usually behind the camera, I have to beg someone to get one of me, so I’m able to have some of myself so you guys can see me…but then I never like those either! ….womp womp…..
3. I’m always nice to others, unless they give me a reason not to be. I pride myself in always giving people the benefit of the doubt. The world is not always out to get you. Now, don’t get me wrong, once my toes have been stepped on…. I know better to be cautious with you… Bad energy in life tends to linger. Where’s the fun in life if you never laugh?
4. My art used to be sanity, now it’s more of a habit. I always had problems with family, and whenever I needed some time to myself, I would lock myself in my room, put some music on and pick up a pencil. I have journals from when I was in 5th grade. I would draw, I would write… I loooooove writing. I feel my best poems come from pain. Now, since I’ve pretty much have one constant thing that I draw, it’s become more what I know, my home than I ever thought possible, I could do it in my sleep. It’s good and bad all at the same. I still feel I need to be challenged to get better because I have so much to learn, I just don’t want to go through the hardships to get there.
5. I’m pretty shy. I used to be so outgoing and loud when I was younger. Now, unless I’m with friends I have known forever, I keep to myself. Yes, I always meet new people, I’m always cordial, and make a few jokes here and there… but I feel like I have to try really hard to jut vibe off with someone naturally. I’m hidden in this little shell, because most of the time, people don’t linger for long, I’m insecure about something or just don’t even know what to say. But I will tell you this, the ones who have stayed and really know me, truly know how loud and obnoxious I can really be, especially when I have wine to boost up my confidence!
6. I find it hard to ask other’s for anything. I feel so weird, accepting certain things. I’ve always had to work for my own, I’ve been working since I was 15 years old. So whenever I needed something, anything, I always had my own back. I’ve never been the spoiled daughter, or girlfriend. I always put my 50% or my all. There’s so many things I still want to do and own, and one day I will, maybe one day I won’t. But I know I can say I got there all on my own. I of course have a great support system when it comes to understanding, patience, consideration and networking. But that’s another whole story.
7. I’ve always been boy crazy. Or at least I thought I was. Ever since I was a teenager and really started discovering boys, and how cute they were, I was always looking for happiness in someone else. Now later on in life, I still get butterflies in my stomach whenever I’m really into somebody. Sadly enough, my longest relationship was only three years. I also learned that I’m addicted to chick flick movies…. which made me realize, that it’s not always the boy that makes me crazy. It’s the romance…. I am truly in love with love. The idea of it, the gushy feeling, the constant smiling, and always thinking about the person, it’s so overpoweringly beautiful..even if I talk my friend’s ear off about that person all the time. and she gets sick of me. hahaha. I’m in love with love.
1. Elsie & Emma from A Beautiful Mess | sisters with DIY crafts, style, humor and the best cutest stories imaginable.
2. Kelli Murray from KelliMurray.com | a great illustrator, mom and fashionista, I adore her pastel lifestyle.
3. Jacqui from BabyBoyBakery.com | daily adventures from a mother with a broken heart and a beautiful soul.
4. Desiree from TheBoobsMilk.tumblr.com | a snarky, feisty momma with extra long nails and a love for all things ratchet.
5. Uptown Girls Nyc from Uptowngirlsnyc.com | femininity to its fullest potential, how to be a strong woman in NYC
6. Jasmine from Vintagevandalizm.com | a pinup fashionista with an eye for graffiti, modeling, art and clothing
7. Cassidy from Omydarlingsblog.com | interior designer mother with a eye for whites and gold… everything is sooo pretty!
Wheeeew! That was exhausting! Surprisingly, I found it harder to find amazing bloggers to out up here, than my facts. I thought it would be the other way around, since I follow so many great bloggers on this online community. But it struck me that even though I wanted to give the chance to those who are starting out, and up and coming., i decided to put those who put their all into their own blogs, into their work…. and sadly the ones that I am close to, just don’t. They never update, try to get better, and just have no idea how to visually attract their viewers.
So why settle for half ass, when you can get the best… I decided to post up my favorites, even though they already have their fan base up there.
Facts about me got a little tougher around 4 or 5… I don’t think I’m that interesting most of the time! hahaha
I hope you guys enjoyed this. I know I did.
The Liebster Award – General Info and Rules
Most bloggers, at some point, have heard of or received the Liebster award, unless you are a newbie! From the extensive searches I have conducted in my attempts to learn about this award, I have visited a bunch of blogs and gleaned the following information:
It is said that the Liebster award was created to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the blogosphere. In the digital world of the internet, this seems like a nice gesture, in my opinion!
Posted on December 10, 2013
Time gets the best of us, and sadly, like all grown ups we have 20 things to get done. 50 different lists that keep scrolling and 1, ooo different ideas that you have to figure out to make happen.
Rent is a pocket killer, social sites take up your sanity most of the time and who has time for anything else…. oh yes, the romantic life.
We manage, my 9-5 and his random schedules kill us in the day time, but those late night sessions make it all worth while.
On another note, lately, all I seem to do is wear olive colors, greys and browns. Maybe because I don’t have to worry about matching in the mornings. Lazy me, and let’s face it, I have no one to impress at work but the desktop computer that blinds me all day.
Omg, Omg, Omg…. I know I am suuuuper late. But I never really saw the hype about Hunger games, until bored one night and Netflix saved me. I fell in love, not only because the female lead was a kick ass protagonist, but the story line had me hooked and sinked.
The next night Q, took me to see the second movie: Catching Fire. Ugh. What was that for? I was all up into it, and then all of a sudden bam! It was over. But who’s going to wait a year or so for the next film?
I decided to read the book, (even though I haven’t read the first 2; shame on me). I haven’t made a huge dent yet, but so far I’m all in!
Not to mention the only Jennifer Lawrence addiction. She’s so beautiful, and the more I learn about her online, the more loveable she gets. She’s so funny, and is constantly eating. I secretly want to be friends with her, have a sleepover, eat a lot of ice cream and get drunk making cookies.
Yes, apparently I’m late for everything and yes, Netflix is a bad influence on me. One of Q’s sisters has been ranting about the show and I always turn into a little kid and cover my ears….ear muffs!
I officially started watching the show 2 weeks ago, two weeks, that’s it. I’m already up to season 3.
It’s my only guilty pleasure, I feel like an addict.
Plus, all the beautiful white coats Kerry Washington wears, sooo pretty. I wish I owned all of them, though I could never keep those clean in real life.
Also, I have to admit, I’ve become a little instagram obsessed. Facebook is still around but nothing compares to the ease of just uploading a quick pic and being nosy on every one elses stuff… hey, at least I’m honest. Plus unlike Facebook, there’s less statuses about stupid stuff.
Do you instagram? Send me your name so we can be friends!
Now that the Holiday season is among us, all I can seem to do is shop, shop shop. My budget is ridiculously, well…my budget.
On another note, I don’t have many friends as much as I used to. Seems like the older get, the smaller my circle gets. Which I don’t mind of course, they are obviously there for a reason. I’m luck to have them, and they know who they are.
I have to admit, It’s been a couple of years since I’ve actually had a real Christmas. What may that be, you ask? I know the 24th of December comes around every year (I’m Hispanic, we celebrate the eve) But since I’m not really close to my family, Christmas’s have never been the same from when I was a kid.
Pretty lonely actually. So now that I’m a little older and can control certain situations, I have to take it upon myself and start my own traditions. Which probably explains why I’ve been working non stop to make my tiny apartment pretty and up to the season. I’ll be showing you guys pics soon, no worries.
I had more hours to get it all done. Or let’s be honest, to sleep. I need more it. Every time I go to work, I catch myself almost missing my stop on the train because I’ve fallen asleep. It doesn’t really help that I’m up at 1am typing this up either.
Minx’s Mail. I just finished up December’s batch, and I hope everyone likes them. Incase you’re a little lost, I send tiny packages to random fans, thanking them for their loyal support. I appreciate you guys and gals, I really do.
Also, I’m working on making this site more personalized, I want it to represent me completely. My portfolio needs a lot of work, and I just want it to be absolutely perfect. Slowly and in due time, it’ll get done. Plus, I teach myself everything I know, so I constantly surprise myself. Win, win.
Almost, everyone I know is pregnant. Okay, not everyone, but you get my drift. My 2 closest cousins are expecting, one a boy, the other a girl. Plus, my step brother’s girlfriend is expecting, a boy (my first nephew) and my friend Judy is expecting as well (she finds out the sex of the baby at the end of this week)
So many babies, I’m so excited! I can’t help but melt whenever I see some cute chunky cheeks, fat chunky thighs and those teeny tiny toes…ah!
Okay, okay.. I’ll stop.
Q and I have had the baby talk as well, but first we need to make some moves. Priority is everything, But who knows, you can’t plan everything in life.
Well, my loves… It’s been real. I’m so glad we got to catch up and I hope you guys like this. I’m gonna start trying to get a little more personal on here. After all, it is my blog… I definitely don’t mind sharing it with you all.
But let me go, it’s officially past my bed time and I have to be an adult in the morning and pay some tax dollars (off to work). Plus, I know a gentleman who’s texting me to hurry up and give him some attention.